In the first week of April 2016 in Tyrol (Austria). From our central location (with sauna and swimming pool) we’ll pick the best snow and every day we’ll enjoy another resort!
Welcome to the world of CrazyCamp.org!
Before saying goodbye to winter… a final hug with the snow!
We will be in a nice chalet just for our group in a small holiday park at a central location in the Inn valley, west of Innsbruck. In the evening we will cook and eat together, do crazy group games, we’ll enjoy the sauna and swimming pool etc. In the daytime we will be visiting the best (glacier) resorts of Tyrol with our own minibus for epic snow fun. The Crazy Spring Snow Safari will be an unforgettable snow feast!
The chalet is well equipped and has double/twin bedrooms, a kitchen, a living/dining room with sleep couch, and a bathroom. There will be max. 9 people in our group. No smoking in the house. There are around 6 houses in this park – sauna and indoor swimming pool are shared.
- Saturday April 2: At the end of the day (18:00) we will gather at our holiday house in the Inn valley, between Landeck and Innsbruck (Tyrol, Austria). If you travel by public transport, we will pick you up at Innsbruck Airport. There is an easy bus connexion between Innsbruck Airport and Innsbruck Railway Station.
- Sunday April 3 – Thursday April 7: Every day we’ll get up early, we’ll have breakfast together and then we’ll drive to the resort of the day. We will basically choose from the glaciers of Sölden, Pitztal, Kaunertal and Stubai as well as the best Firn of other resorts that are still open, such as St. Anton/Arlberg, Hochgurgl/Obergurgl and Kühtai. Each of these resorts is at some 45 – 60 minutes driving from our house. We will select the resorts that we visit based on snow conditions and interest. At the end of the day we’ll drive back to the house, have dinner together, enjoy the sauna and swimming pool, play crazy group games etc.
- Friday April 8: Again we’ll get up early and drive to one of the resorts; however this day we’ll ski/board until 13:00 and then we’ll drive back to where you parked your car in the Inn valley, and then it’s farewell time… If you travel by public transport, we will drop you off at Innsbruck Airport.
More info about these resorts on this page.
If you are a beginner in snow sports, this Crazy Spring Snow Safari probably is not a good choice. The choice in beginners slopes might be a bit limited and we’ll be skiing new slopes every day or every second day (as we’ll be visiting several resorts).
Basically we will have a minibus at our disposal. We will use this minibus for daily transport between the house and the ski resorts that we will visit and for transfer from/to Innsbruck Airport at the day of arrival cq. departure. If our group is small, we will do all this with a normal sedan and not with a minibus.
I will be driving the minibus (or sedan) from/to The Netherlands. You can drive along for free from/to the Amsterdam area, Utrecht, Arnhem, Duisburg, Köln, Frankfurt/Main, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart or Ulm.
There is space and time for workshop-like activities, so if you would like to share some of your knowledge or skills, feel free! Maybe you want to teach us some capoeira, do a photoshoot or make us sing the traditionals of your native culture? Just some ideas… it really can be anything. Another fun activity that we’ll be doing together is… cooking! (and cleaning afterwards…)
You choose your participation in the cost for these 6 days and nights:
EUR 465 per person if you sign up and pay the advance payment before January 1st, 2016
EUR 485 per person if you sign up and pay the advance payment after December 31st, 2015
or EUR 412 if you are female and you choose to make use of the Gender Pay Gap Compensation (faq)
+ Six nights stay in a well equipped holiday house, with shared sauna and shared indoor swimming pool
+ Six dinners in our house. Nothing fancy; but decent food. There will be a vegetarian option as well.
+ Six breakfasts in our house
+ Transfer from/to Innsbruck Airport at the day of arrival cq. departure
+ Daily transport between the house and the ski resorts that we will visit
– Local tourist taxes
– Lunch (you will take care of lunch yourself – probably in a restaurant at the slope)
– Ski/snowboard equipment rental
– Any snacks or alcoholic beverages that you might want to consume in the house or during the day
– anything else that is not listed in the “included” part
+ I will be driving the minibus (or sedan) from/to The Netherlands. You can drive along for free from/to the Amsterdam area, Utrecht, Arnhem, Duisburg, Köln, Frankfurt/Main, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart or Ulm.
If you are a couple, please understand that in the Crazy Snow Balance Camp you can not behave like a couple. Subject to availability, you can get a room with a double bed if you want (in general the rooms are allocated through a lottery (faq) but you are expected to participate in all activities and group life as individuals and not as a couple. So be prepared to sit each at the other extreme of the group table during dinner, and accept that someone else than yourself might be giving a massage to your partner’s sour muscles.
How to get there
We will be in central Tyrol (Austria) at some 30 minutes from Innsbruck (international airport and international train connections). Other nearby airports are Memmingen at 150km (Ryanair, Germanwings, Wizzair etc.) and Munich at 140km. Transfer from/to Innsbruck Airport at the day of arrival cq. departure is included. I will be driving the minibus (or sedan) from/to The Netherlands. You can drive along for free from/to the Amsterdam area, Utrecht, Arnhem, Duisburg, Köln, Frankfurt/Main, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart or Ulm.
Don’t miss these 6 days/nights of epic snow fun!
LET’S MAKE IT HAPPEN TOGETHER!
If you want to participate in this event, then you’re out of luck… It is a past event! Please check out the other upcoming Crazy Camps or sign up for the newsletter and I’ll keep you updated about new Crazy Camps.